List:       orocos-dev
Subject:    [Orocos-Dev] OpenRave, OpenHRP3, or...
From:       peter.soetens () fmtc ! be (Peter Soetens)
Date:       2009-02-25 21:11:28

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 13:35:53 faconti at pal-robotics.com wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have been thinking about the open question of having a tool to simulate
> the robots.

As a user, I'm very in favour of such tools. The best visualisation we have
now is the ReportingComponent + kst, which is a necessary tool for data port
analysis, but not for anything more.

The reality is that as a developer, I can't (because of time budget)
coordinate the effort around the integration of these tools with the RTT. Just
like I don't get involved much in the OpenCV or KDL discussions.

So please don't wait for my approval or comments on these topics, I'll gladly
take the RTT side of things in the integration story, but you guys need to
pull this as a whole.

Peter
--
Peter Soetens -- FMTC -- <http://www.fmtc.be>