List:       orocos-dev
Subject:    [Orocos-Dev] Orocos Scripting Manual
From:       johan.rutgeerts () mech ! kuleuven ! be (Johan Rutgeerts)
Date:       2006-08-30 15:43:08

> of the `XYZToolkit' class. But online in the TaskBrowser may be good as
> well. An online Toolkit wiki/manual page seems necesary as well.

Online in the TaskBrowser (TB) would come in quite handy I think, as:

- you are sure that what the TB shows is what it actually expects. In an ideal
world, it of course expects the same as what is written in the documentation,
but as we all know: in an ideal world, orocos would be running on all
machines of this planet, which it does not.  Yet.

- it saves you the trouble to start up a webbrowser, go to the documentation
pages, click through to the toolkit pages,?etc, when you want to call e.g. a
constructor for some variable in the TB.

And, as all scripting stuff is registered somewhere in each running program,
it probably is not that difficult to implement, I suppose...

Johan