List:       orocos-dev
Subject:    [Orocos-Dev] Component builders manual
From:       klaas.gadeyne () fmtc ! be (Klaas Gadeyne)
Date:       2006-05-12 19:09:32

Hi,

Just before Chapter 2 of the CB manual, somebody :-) has written (in
the context of device interfaces):
<quote>
Because of the Openness of Orocos, your application does not need to
take-all-or-leave-all. You can pick out the level of abstraction which
suits you best for a given application (indicated by the gradient).
</quote>

I guess you mean with that, that e.g. your application does not
necessarily has to use the orocos device interface, but can directly
talk to native device drivers instead.  Is that correct?

- If my assumption is correct, an example as above might clarify this sentence
- How all this is illustrated by the gradient in the figure beats me...

regards,

Klaas