List:       orocos-dev
Subject:    [Orocos-Dev] documentation
From:       peter.soetens () fmtc ! be (Peter Soetens)
Date:       2006-05-05 16:30:59

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 09:10, Klaas Gadeyne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while looking for some orocos documentation via google, I arrived at
> <http://people.mech.kuleuven.be/~psoetens/orocos/doc/latest/orocos-manual.h
>tml>
>
> AFAIK, this (i.e. the doc/latest directory) is what most projects use
> for documentation generated from "trunk".  However, in the case of
> orocos, it seems to me [*] that this currently points to the
> documentation generated from the latest _development_ release, in casu
> 0.21.0 (which I would call "deprecated" :)
> So, albeit this is correct and consistent with orocos.org, but still I
> would feel more comfortable if doc/latest would contain the
> documentation from trunk?

I'm updating it right now, 'latest' should indeed be 'close' to a nightly
build.

> As a further note, I noticed that
> <http://people.mech.kuleuven.be/~psoetens/orocos/doc/>
> contains both documentation from the 0.20.1 version, as from the
> latest and greatest
> 0.22.1 (probably due to the "full version" of the manual not being
> generated anymore.)
> Although all manuals explicitly mention the version they apply to
> (which is a good thing), maybe it's better to remove these versions
> from orocos/doc/ (an option would be to put them in a seperate
> orocos/doc/version directory)

These directories already exist. What you're seeing is indeed a bit
of 'leftovers', since my script doesn't do 'rm *' when uploading the latest
docs...

> [*] See <http://www.orocos.org/cvs_status.html>
>
> So, to sum up: a proposition from my part:
>
> - orocos/doc/ contains the documentation of the latest release
> - orocos/doc/latest/ contains documentation generated from trunk
> - orocos/doc/version/ contains documentation from version "version"

The last one is orocos/packages/version on my webspace.

Peter
--
Peter Soetens -- FMTC -- <http://www.fmtc.be>