List:       orocos-dev
Subject:    [Orocos-Dev] Significant improvement in corelib/buffers
From:       peter.soetens () fmtc ! be (Peter Soetens)
Date:       2006-03-30 14:06:11

On Wednesday 29 March 2006 17:33, Herman Bruyninckx wrote:
> So, where do you give the information about the number of threads that will
> be accessing the data?

As an extra argument in the constructor, which was set default to 8.

> [...]
>
> > Technically, this can not be merged on 0.22.1, since the interface
> > changed. But since user code typically does not invoke the BufferLockFree
> > constructor (ConnectionFactory does that), maybe it may be merged anyway.
> > Opinions ?
>
> Why not postpone it to 0.24? Because I think we should have _no_ exceptions
> to the rule that API doesn't change between minor version numbers.

Well, that is surely the case after a 1.0 release. As long as the change is
source-compatible, it's ok for me to include it in a minor release. It would
only break compilation if someone used the argument (rare case), upon which
the compiler would complain that the argument does not exist. This seems easy
enough to fix for anyone using Orocos in this stage of development.

Peter

--
Peter Soetens -- FMTC -- <http://www.fmtc.be>