List:       orocos-announce
Subject:    [Orocos] Trajectory Generation
From:       johan.rutgeerts () mech ! kuleuven ! be (Johan Rutgeerts)
Date:       2006-04-11 15:22:29

> There is some waiting time between each target point.

If I understand you well, you want to realize a smooth trajectory through a
number of setpoints.

The CartesianGenerator uses a trapezoidal velocity profile to interpolate
between the current point and the target point.
This means that the robot motion will always start and end with velocity equal
to zero. This is good for point-to-point motion, but not if you want to
realize a smooth trajectory through setpoints.

> In standart Output the resuIts  are coming as per input points.

I don't understand this.

> What is the best way to define the trajectory?

If you want a smooth trajectory through a number of setpoints, you will have
to write a generator component that reads setpoints and does the
interpolation.

Johan