List:       orinoco-users
Subject:    Re: [Orinoco-users] Differences in iwspy !! (fwd)
From:       Vikram KAUL <vkaul () research ! telcordia ! com>
Date:       2005-11-29 23:19:29

Hi all,

  Thanks for the reply. I just tried the hostap_cs driver and that seems to
give believe-able results. On a side note, I would much rather use orinoco
for all the work. Please give your inputs on whether I am in the right
direction. This is different than the iwspy issue

  Specifically,
Does the orinoco driver only forward DATA packets in standard mode ?
Does the orinoco driver forward all (DATA, MGMT, CTL) in monitor mode only ?
I can see that in
static void orinoco_rx_monitor(...) in orinoco.c
Can I send CTL packets in standard mode ?

If I have to build some kind of acknowledgement on the
multicast/broadcast, and if I can't send CTL packets in standard mode,
do I have to build the ack as a broadcast DATA packet ?

Any help you would provide will be helpful

regards..
Vikram