List:       orinoco-users
Subject:    [Orinoco-users] Modifying SIFS and other queries
From:       Vikram KAUL <vkaul () research ! telcordia ! com>
Date:       2005-10-31 20:37:12

Hi Folks,

  New on the list. I recently installed FC4 and the source, and then
downloaded the 0.15rc3 version of the orinoco driver and installed it as
well. Now the card scans the network. Thanks

  Additionally, I want to make some modifications to the 802.11 mac by
adding some functions that change the timers on the fly. The orinoco_cs.c
file is a device driver, but it provides no control on the timers. Where,
and how, can I get access to that ? Is that implemented in the hardware of
the card ? If so, is it open-source and can I get access to it ?

  The orinoco-fwutils package has scripts to download and extract firmware,
but not what I want

  Any pointers would be welcome.

regards..
Vikram