List:       orinoco-devel
Subject:    Re: [Orinoco-devel] Can't "make" orinico_usb on kernel 2.6.22
From:       Pavel Roskin <proski () gnu ! org>
Date:       2007-07-18 21:26:30

Hello!

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 22:04 +0200, Typhoe wrote:

> But I got a strange message in the log each time I change my wifi
> configuration.
> (see the dmesg.log file attached)
>
> Do you think it is due to the driver or the "beta" state of the gutsy
> ubuntu distrib?

I don't see any references to orinoco in the error messages.  It's
something in the block device layer.  All network related activity is
separated by at least a few seconds from the backtraces.

I cannot comment on the quality of the Ubuntu kernel.  But in any case,
you should reboot as soon as possible after getting such messages.

If you have evidence that the error messages are correlated with the
driver, I suggest that you recompile the kernel from standard sources
(2.6.22.1 or whatever the latest stable kernel is) without any Ubuntu
patches, and enable most debug options, so that the real error can be
caught early.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin