List:       oracle-linux-l
Subject:    OEM set up question.
From:       "Ron Rogers" <RROGERS () galottery ! org>
Date:       2002-06-28 19:13:09

List,
 I have been reading the fine manuals and have come to the conclusion
that OEM is a bear to set up and get working on a client/server
relationship.
 Oracle 8.1.7 on RedHat 7.1 with an established database. My client is
Win 98. I loaded the OEM on the client okay. I loaded the OEM on the
server using the configuration tool and created a repository in the
existing database.
I start the OMS and LSNRCTL dbsnm_start okay ( after I discovered that
the 1521 port was NOT in the /etc/services file). I start the OEM on the
client and login with the SYSMAN/xxx and it starts okay I attempt to
connect to the database and I get a
"TNS-12654: TNS Connection refused" I have tried using the DBA id, the
repository id, a user id and always the same.
Can the repository and database you are monitoring be one in the same?
Or do I have to use a three tier approach?
The DBA Studio in the stand alone mode works great.
Thanks,
Ron
ROR mª¿ªm
Become an ODTUGer and be a voice to Oracle! Join now at www.odtug.com/join.htm
ODTUG 2002 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, NV, June 17-21, 2002
Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS@galottery.org