List:       ops-developers
Subject:    Re: [Ops-developers] OpsAdmin architecture
From:       Flavia Paganelli <flavia () func ! nl>
Date:       2007-04-12 18:37:02

Wouter Huijnink wrote:
>>  - It is coherent with the rest of the OPS architecture, right? The
>> rest of OPS considers that timesheet and email are optional features?
>>
> well, there are separate web services for mail and timesheets. But I
> don't know the details. Not really relevant, as the OPS web services
> will be refactored anyway :)

Ok

>>   - Shall we include this as a second version of OpsAdmin? I.e. do
>> this refactoring after we have a fully functioning OpsAdmin working
>> and being used by Func. (that means email and timesheet not optional,
>> which serves the purpose of Func. right now).
>>
> yes
>

>> (We are now going to make another refactoring: extract behaviour from
>> DAO's, which are having more responsibilities than they should).
>>
> ok (like checking of uniqueness etc?)

Yes, and others such as:
- set start/end date
- change project status if necessary
- change project status if necessary
- restriction: check for uniqueness of project name
- restriction: members cannot removed from the project
- (before plugins refactoring) generate and set imap folder name, and
create it and its ACL
- (when we implement the new architecture) call to plugins (see mail
Wouter about opsadmin architecture)

We need a business logic layer because:
- the code in the dao's is getting very messy
- the dao's are doing more than they should
- all this 'complex' logic has to be tested somehow
- it starts to make sense to have a business logic layer in the middle:
its responsibilities are showing up

saludos!

Flavia