List:       oprofile-list
Subject:    Re: Issue with OProfile testsuite patch: Avoid matching anon_remap executable name and only match "a
From:       William Cohen <wcohen () redhat ! com>
Date:       2015-08-05 16:08:27

On 08/05/2015 11:23 AM, Carl E. Love wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-08-04 at 20:03 -0400, William Cohen wrote:
> > Hi Carl,
> >
> > The test is suppose to get sample in the function created in the anon region.
> > The matching should be for samples in that anon region. the patch above was \
> > tightening  the maching to avoid matching other things with "anon" in the string. \
> > The initialize_anon_func  is merely there to create a large function in the anon \
> > region and is only run once.  If the  test isn't getting samples on the anon \
> > region on the machine, then need to figure out what is  happening on that \
> > machine.  Keep in mind that this test will fail on oprofile-1.0.0 and earlier.   \
> > It should only pass on oprofile-1.1.0
>
> Will:
>
> I retested using OProfile 1.1.0 and the test does pass as expected with
> the latest release.  I have let the user who reported the issue to me
> know what is going on.  Thanks for the help with this.
>
> Carl Love

Hi Carl,

Thanks for taking the time to make sure that things are working with OProfile.  I \
would encourage people to update to oprofile-1.1.0 if possible, particularly if they \
are profiling Java code.  There are a number of fixes in there that should improve \
the quality of the data collected for Java code.

-Will