List:       oprofile-list
Subject:    Oprofile + Embedded Linux
From:       Anis ELLEUCH <vadmeste () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-16 11:10:45

Hi,

I installed Oprofile in my embedded device which is running under linux.
I want to profile my kernel.
I did this, you can notice the error :

root@nhk15:~# opcontrol --vmlinux=/boot/uImage-2.6.20.21
root@nhk15:~# opcontrol --start
The specified file /boot/uImage-2.6.20.21 does not seem to be valid
Make sure you are using the non-compressed image file (e.g. vmlinux not
vmlinuz)
root@nhk15:~#

Of course, I did gunzip but it says that there are bad magic, it's not
compressed.

Anyone has ideas about what's caused the problem ?

By the way, what's the kernel feature that should be enabled ?

Does Oprofile compile and insert its own driver ?
Should I verify if my kernel support Oprofile or not ?

Cheers,