List:       oprofile-list
Subject:    Oprofile on PXA320 & 2.6.21 kernel
From:       Arabinda Verma <arabinda.verma () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-21 13:10:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello List,

I have compiled Oprofile 0.9.3 for PXA320 based platform. And, I am using
Linux kernel version 2.6.21.

The Linux Kernel is compiled with following options enabled.

CONFIG_PROFILING=y
CONFIG_OPROFILE=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_FS=y

The compilation of OProfile goes well. But when I run oprofile, it runs in
timer interrupt mode.

I want Oprofile to use Hardware counters. I have cross checked the user
manual of PXA320, it supports hardware performance counters.

I have following question.

1. Is there any other linux kernel config option to enabled for Oprofile?
2. Is there any thing that I have missed?

Please note I am trying the run Oprofile on a target with file system
mounted through NFS. Can this be limitation?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Arabinda