List:       oprofile-list
Subject:    AMD LWP spec...
From:       Christopher Layne <clayne () anodized ! com>
Date:       2007-11-19 6:27:12

Seeing as this would benefit us greatly, I was just curious if
any other OProfile users/developers had a change to check out
AMD's lightweight profiling (LWP) proposal? Imagine the profiling
resources this would offer us - even if AMD were the only one
to support it - which I surely hope wouldn't be the case (who
knows with Intel), it would set a nice precedent.

http://developer.amd.com/lwp.jsp

Full spec:

http://developer.amd.com/assets/43724-LWP_Spec.pdf

-cl