List:       oprofile-list
Subject:    Re: How well does call graph profiling actually work?
From:       John Ruttenberg <rutt () ruttenberg ! org>
Date:       2007-04-30 19:07:10

I tried -fno-omit-frame-pointer -O0 in a python compile.  The result has no
callgraph profile that I can make out.  opgprof just dumps a flat graph.  The
opgprof -cl  result is full of entries which look like this:

    0              0  python                   Py_Main
      38863    100.000  {root}                   (no symbols)
      0              0  python                   Py_Main [self]

Jason Yeh: