List:       oprofile-list
Subject:    Re: problems with call-graph in version 0.9
From:       Shanshan Ding <shanshand () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-07-21 18:40:52

On 7/21/05, John Levon <levon@movementarian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 01:23:34AM -0400, Shanshan Ding wrote:
>
> > sudo opstack -c quake2
>
> You mean opreport -c quake2

Sorry, it is "opreport -c quake2"

> (It's always best if you exactly cut and paste what you typed).
>
> > The output is not desirable:
> >
> > CPU: CPU with timer interrupt, speed 0 MHz (estimated)
> > Profiling through timer interrupt
>
> Hmm, the timer interrupt is supposed to pick up the ->backtrace setting.
> Maybe that code doesn't work.
>
> You didn't give your CPU type or kernel version? Why is oprofile in
> timer mode?

The kenel version is 2.6.11 in Debian. CPU type is Intel Pentium 4.
I don't know why oprofile is in timer mode.  Maybe it's the default?
'cause I didn't do anything about that.  I checked my profile log, and
found that oprofile 0.8.2 was the same " Profiling through timer
interrupt " and the opstack could produce the call-graph with depth
and accumulated percentage.