List:       opnsense-users
Subject:    Re: Where to look URL without proxy?
From:       Franco Fichtner <franco () opnsense ! org>
Date:       2017-05-26 6:21:33

Hi José,

Marcos is right, you need some type of aware process to extract this.

Some systems sniff this by using PCAP listeners and then extract HTTP
requests, but that only works with HTTP, not HTTPS, where you could
only read the SSL certificate hostname if given, not the full URL.

Reading PCAP-traffic wouldn't slow down the traffic much, but I'm not
aware of a portable solution.  It may exist, but we don't have such
integrated in OPNsense.

Squid + HTTPS option is the only solution if you always need the full URL.

Cheers,
Franco