List:       openzaurus-users
Subject:    Re: [Openzaurus-users] new otrplayer binery
From:       "Arieh Skliarouk" <skliarieh () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-07-27 12:59:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,

First of all, I want to thank you for the work you have done so far!
(I would prefer you to build otrplayer using BitBake though...)

I am using OpenZaurus 3.4.5, that does not has libvorbisidec (that original
ipk depends on), but libvorbisidec1, so I had to use -nodeps to install it.

I attempted to start the stock otrplayer, and got following:
otrplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libaflib.so.1: cannot open
Looks like the package of original otrplayer did not invoked ldconfig to
update /etc/ld.so.conf libraries.

The next problem in the stock otrplayer was:
otrplayer: symbol lookup error: /opt/QtPalmtop/lib/libaflib.so.1: undefined
symbol: __pure_virtual

To solve that, I have changed the stock otrplayer to run under
"compatibility layer".

Then otrplayer started, but complained on non-existant madplay (that was
listed in skipped dependencies).

After installation of OZ based madplay, the otrplayer started and worked
well. (The whole sharp-compat-libs system is somewhat flaky, as sometimes
binary is not started, but it is another story).

And then I tried your otrplayer. And it worked in 240x320 mode well.
Congratulations!

It may be that the ptich button on the first tab is
> shown only half, but that is just one of the things I'd like to check.

Yes, only half of the pitch button and slider are visible (as are buttons
"Add" and "Delete" in "Dirs" tab).

Anyway, do you think that the pitch button, the pitch slider and the
> infobox,
> where you can see the sampling rate and so on belong to the first tab? I
> think about moving them to another tab to get more space for the playlist,
> as
> I don't think that I change the pitch on a regular basis.

I also think the widgets belong to other tab.

Otrplayer allows remapping of 5 buttons (Calendar,Adress,Home, Menu, Email).

Can you hardcode "space" button to stop/start playback please? It is one of
the two features I want that xmms has (because it is the only button on
Collie that I can press blindly).

The other one is the reaction speed of pressing "stop" and actual audio
stop. In xmms it appears to me immediately, whereas otrplayer has 500-800 ms
delay. I guess it is bug of madplay, that does not clear output audiobuffer
of the sound card, when killed.

On 7/27/06, Armin Lambacher <lambache@biochem.mpg.de> wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 18. Juli 2006 09:38 schrieben Sie:
> > > http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=80879
> > >
> > > Please keep me (or the mailing list) posted on your progress.
>
> Ok, I worked a little a bit on it, although my boss keeps me busy. You are
> right, the code is not well documented, if at all, but I have written
> worse
> code myself...

I managed to get a toolchain up and running and just fiddled a bit around
> with
> the screen layout to have 480x640 supported. Now it runs on my SLC860 in
> high
> resolution.

As I had some difficulties to it running I'd like to ask you a favour: could
> you test it?

With much pleasure.

 The main reason is, that this is my first program that I compiled for the
>  zaurus, so I'm a bit unsure whether I got everything right...
>
>  What zaurus do you have?  320x240 or 640x480?

 I have attached the otrplayer binary. Could you (temporarily) replace the
>  standard binary with my one, to see whether it also works with your
> zaurus?
>
>  And please, if you have a 640x480 model, uncheck the "Display with
> magnified
>  Screen" button, this seems not to work.
>
>  I'd like to know whether it runs also on another machine before I start
>  invest more work on it...
>
>  Thanks in advance
>
>  Armin
>
>  PS: I don't know whether you have any commandline experience, if you need
> some
>  advice, please tell me.
>  My binariy lives in /opt/Qtopia/bin, but this may depend on the model.

What distro are you using?

Under OZ, binaries are located in /opt/QtPalmtop/bin (unless the binary have
to work with compat libs)

 Also of interest would be your lib directory, mine is /opt/Qtopia/lib, this
> is
>  where the aflibs are. As this is hardcoded in the sources, I'd be
> interested
>  whether all zauri share the same directory structure...

Again, the OZ's libs are located in /opt/QtPalmtop/lib

This is the path that original otrplayer_3.0_arm.ipk uses, and thus it is
the path that Sharp ROM uses.

--
Arieh