List:       openzaurus-users
Subject:    Re: [Openzaurus-users] New ROM to recognize CF card
From:       Jörg Sommer <joerg () alea ! gnuu ! de>
Date:       2006-06-22 19:47:52

Hello George,

George Hartzell <hartzell@alerce.com> wrote:
> Jörg Sommer writes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've bought a CF card (Platinum 512MB) to install OZ on my Z5500G. But I
> > cannot upgrade. Both leds blink after the reset and I've launched the diag
> > menu and started the CF card check and it prints "error" in one of the
> > checks. I don't know which. It is not listed in the summary.
>
> Just a thought that might be relevant....
>
> One thing that I've noticed is that if I create a fat filesystem w/
> the -F 32 flag to mkfs.msdos then the card can't be used to update my
> tosa.
>
> If I just use mkfs.msdos's default value (12), then the card works for
> updates.
>
> Have you created a new filesystem on the card?

No, I haven't til now. But this does not help. And
http://openzaurus.berlios.de/Collie/Install says: "If the lights flash on
and off, then this indicates a failure; something went wrong." If it's a
FAT32 the would turn off and not blink.

But thanks for your advice.

Bye, Jörg.
--
Man soll Denken lehren, nicht Gedachtes.