List:       openzaurus-users
Subject:    Re: [Openzaurus-users] Choosing Wlan settings
From:       Marcin Juszkiewicz <openembedded () hrw ! one ! pl>
Date:       2006-06-06 20:32:08

Dnia wtorek, 6 czerwca 2006 19:20, Michael Frotscher napisał:

> -  how is the network actually configured (ip, gateway, dhcp or not,
> etc.)? wpa-supplicant.conf does contain network-specific information
> likey keys, but I did not find information about the network
> parameters.

"wpa_supplicant is designed to be a "daemon" program that runs in the
background and acts as the backend component controlling the wireless
connection." (taken from its documentation).

In other words WPA Supplicant help to choose WiFi network but you have to
configure higher level of network on it (TCP/IP).

> - the demon running in the background is supposed to choose the network
> automatically based on the ssid, right? So if two networks have the
> same ssid ("default", for example) but different settings, I'd need to
> reconfigure before connecting, right?

You can add MAC address (BSSID) of AccessPoint.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
Palmtop: Sharp Zaurus C760

    There are three types of people:
    Those who don't know what happened, those who wonder what happened,
    and people like us, that MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.