List:       openzaurus-users
Subject:    Re: [Openzaurus-users] WiFi in OZ 3.5.4.1
From:       Marcin Juszkiewicz <openembedded () hrw ! one ! pl>
Date:       2006-05-09 21:23:50

Dnia czwartek, 4 maja 2006 15:41, Marcin Juszkiewicz napisał:

> Users which got 'eth0' (orinoco) instead of 'wlan0' (hostap): please
> post 'pccardctl ident' output here and confirm that your card works OK
> with hostap driver - I will remove those cards definitions from orinoco
> so after kernel update they will be handled by hostap (like it was in
> alpha1).

I got few confirmations:

- Linksys WCF12
- ASUS WL-110
- D-Link DCF-660W
- NETGEAR NA701

and now I want people to test new kernel build:

http://ewi546.ewi.utwente.nl/tmp/hrw/3.5.4x-experimental/2.6.16-r21-hrw/
contain kernels for all 3.5.4.1 devices and feed with kernel modules for
each of them.

Probably upgrading kernel modules (orinoco* + hostap*) will be enough - no
kernel flash needed.

If your card is still 'eth0' instead of 'wlan0' then provide output
of 'pccardctl ident', do 'ipkg remove -recursive *orinoco*' and reinsert
card to get 'wlan0' (provide 'dmesg' output too).

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
Palmtop: Sharp Zaurus C760

    There are three types of people:
    Those who don't know what happened, those who wonder what happened,
    and people like us, that MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.