List:       openzaurus-users
Subject:    Re: [Openzaurus-users] Lost my WiFi
From:       "Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri." <lists () pavri ! net>
Date:       2006-05-08 16:27:31

On Fri, 05 May 2006, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:

> Dnia pi?tek, 5 maja 2006 10:19, Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. napisa?:
>
> > I am using a SL5500 w/ OZ 3.5.4 w/ a SanDisk ConnectPlus Wi-Fi cum
> > memory card. The memory part just doesn't work and I read on google
> > somewhere that several others have also failed to make it work :(.
>
> > I had got the Wi-Fi part running uder 3.5.3 and even fooled around with
> > wellenreiter which picked up several APs.
>
> > After flashing with 3.5.4, I have lost even the Wi-Fi part of the card.
> > There are no orinoco modules loaded and lsmod shows hostap and
> > hostap_cs as being loaded on activating the card.
>
> > can someone please help ?
>
> First do "ipkg update; ipkg upgrade" - this will update drivers and config
> for them.

yes, but how do I do that ? I can't get thru to my linux box without
getting the wi-fi card working. Also, USB networking has also stopped
working :(. I had it working with 3.5.3.

> Then check does card work. If yes then share info. If not then
> send 'cardctl ident' output after card insert and 'dmesg' output.
>
> --
> JID: hrw-jabber.org
> Palmtop: Sharp Zaurus C760
> OpenEmbedded/OpenZaurus developer
>
>              Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

regards and thanks in advance,

Sharukh.
--
Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri.  			Homoeopath, Linuxer.
 Real friends are the ones who survive transitions between address