List:       openzaurus-users
Subject:    Re: [Openzaurus-users] New Package Format
From:       Samuel Penn <sam () bifrost ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-01-05 21:31:57

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 13:27, Josiah Bryan wrote:
> Anyway, I've got my fire extinguisher ready...flame away. :-D

One thing to keep in mind here, is that it's you who wants to change
30+ years of inertia on how things are done on UNIX. You really need
to come up with a killer advantage for the new way of doing things
for people to really take a serious look at it. Apps in self contained
packages may be easier, better and nicer than the current way of
doing things, but they need to be a *lot* easier, better and nicer
if there is going to be any chance of convincing people to change.

--
Be seeing you,                             http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.                                    jabber: samuel.penn@jabber.org