List:       openzaurus-users
Subject:    [Openzaurus-users] Re: default gateway problem with dhcp?
From:       Stian =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8iland?= <stian () soiland ! no>
Date:       2003-12-04 23:36:47

On 2003-12-04 21:29:59, Bill Napier wrote:

> I've been having some problems with getting my default gateway added to
> the routing table using dhcp under 3.3.5.  I tracked it down to the
> udhcp script that handles the network configuration.  Apparently
> /usr/share/udhcpc/default.script doesn't get called with a good path (I
> don't recall exactly what the path was, but it was like
> /gnu/something...).  Without /sbin in the path, the "route" command
> silently fails (since it can't find it).  My simple fix was to specify
> the full path to route in that file, but there is probably a better way
> (fix the path problem...).  Was wondering if anybody had some thoughts
> on where that path comes from?

Such scripts should not be dependent on PATH-settings, so the commands
should truly be /sbin/route del (..) and /sbin/route add (..)

Anyone fix? =)

(thank you for noticing this, I've been bothered on this on my zaurus
too)

--
Stian Søiland               Work toward win-win situation. Win-lose
Trondheim, Norway           is where you win and the other lose.