List:       openzaurus-users
Subject:    Re: [Openzaurus-users] Re: ssh-client on OZ 5600 libcrypto.so.0.9.7 error
From:       Rick Schultz <bloodyvikings () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2003-11-19 21:59:57

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 12:05:15PM -0600, Chris Larson wrote:
> I think you're misunderstanding how this works.
Undoubtedly.  I will now attempt to prove just how poorly I understand
this...

> ipkg-link knows about the linking to root, but doesn't have intimate
> knowledge of what files *should* have been on the card, so can't make
> that decision.

I take it, then, that the pkg.list file only contains files that
actually made it, and not all the files that were supposed to have been
created?  In either case, if the .ipk file is still around when
ipkg-link is invoked, that information should be obtainable, right?

What I actually had in mind, though, was more like a modified ldconfig
that would create the necessary links in /usr/lib instead of
/mnt/*/usr/lib "when necessary" (either after failed link creation, or
by working out the fstype directly).  Implementation is obviously an
issue, but would the end result be something desirable, or is the idea
itself wrong?

> Now, if ipkg did the linking to root it could possibly do that, but
> there would still be symlinks missing from the card that should have
> been there, which *should* cause a failure.

I don't understand.  The loader will fail in the case where
LD_LIBRARY_PATH points to /mnt/card/usr/lib?  Or do you mean that there
ought to be some obvious, user-facing error when ipkg can't install a
symlink to a VFAT filesystem?

-rick