List:       openzaurus-users
Subject:    Re: [Openzaurus-users] Re: SL5600 Build Status
From:       Michael Torrie <torriem () chem ! byu ! edu>
Date:       2003-11-03 13:57:56

On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 22:01, Stian Søiland wrote:
> As regarding to what might be SL-5600-specific, things run great. APM
> works, all cards are recogniced, everything seems perfect.

I've also tried 2.0 and it does work, but it is about 30% slower than
the sharprom.  This is probably due to the unoptimized kernel or
something.  Another critical thing is that battery life seems to be
about 1/3 to 1/2 of what it is under the sharp rom.

> ipkg seems to go crazy and forgets packages that are installed.
> I need to "install" them with -force-overwrite manually, as ipkg have a
> tendency to forget packages that actually are installed, starting from
> the letter A. (At one instance I only had packages 'installed' from O in
> the alphabet and down).

This is indeed a serious issue.  I just lost all my A and B packages in
the little database.

> Also, there's this weird error that occurs at every ipkg usage:
> file_move: ERROR: failed to rename /usr/lib/ipkg/status.tmp to
> /usr/lib/ipkg/status: No such file or directory

Same here.  This could be related to the general errors of the database
losing entries.

Overall, this is a sweet beta.  I am impressed.  I must say that opie's
way of handling wireless profiles (differing Ssid,etc) is not nearly as
slick as Qtopia's.  Also opie under OZ in this beta at least, does not
ever shut off the wireless card when the connection is deactivated.
This will hurt batteries significantly.

Michael

--
Michael Torrie <torriem@chem.byu.edu>