List:       openzaurus-users
Subject:    [Openzaurus-users] Re: SL5600 Build Status
From:       Stian =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8iland?= <stian () soiland ! no>
Date:       2003-11-02 5:01:29

On 2003-10-23 15:34:18, Matthew Swabey wrote:

> My builds are available here:
> www.openzaurus.org/unofficial/experimental/poodle/

> There are two builds and feeds,
>
> 2.0: Compiled with 2.95.3 - no xscale optimisations.
> This should run armv4 ipks without trouble.

Tried both 2.0 and 3.0, and 2.0 was my choice as 3.0 seems to be rather
fucked up regarding packages and stuff..

As regarding to what might be SL-5600-specific, things run great. APM
works, all cards are recogniced, everything seems perfect.

> Oh yes mediaplayer works on neither. Dunno about the rest.

But how do you get it to install?

ipkg seems to go crazy and forgets packages that are installed.
I need to "install" them with -force-overwrite manually, as ipkg have a
tendency to forget packages that actually are installed, starting from
the letter A. (At one instance I only had packages 'installed' from O in
the alphabet and down).

Also, there's this weird error that occurs at every ipkg usage:
file_move: ERROR: failed to rename /usr/lib/ipkg/status.tmp to
/usr/lib/ipkg/status: No such file or directory

It seems that status.tmp is moved to status two times or something,
creating status.tmp first has no effect, except that status.tmp is
removed.

Opie-player needs a --force-depends

oot@openzaurus:/usr/lib/ipkg# ipkg install opie-mediaplayer2
ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for opie-mediaplayer2:
         libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2

--
Stian Søiland               Work toward win-win situation. Win-lose
Trondheim, Norway           is where you win and the other lose.