List:       openzaurus-devel
Subject:    Re: [Openzaurus-devel] Touchscreen coordinates mangled on X/GPE in RC4
From:       Olivier Berger <oberger () ouvaton ! org>
Date:       2006-05-30 21:39:34

"Justin Patrin" <papercrane@gmail.com> writes:

> On 5/26/06, Olivier Berger <oberger@ouvaton.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> FYI, the desynchronisation of my touchscreen and mouse movements may
>> have been cause by the fact I had a USB mouse connected to the Z at
>> the same time...
>>
>> Whenever X is started and the mouse connected, the touchscreen won't
>> be useable anymore (odd mouse movements)... and in this case, it seems
>> launching xtscal is a bad idea since it will lead to almost locking X
>> : no way to click in the right place neither with the stylus, nor with
>> the USB mouse... unless there's an escape combination to quit xtscal,
>> maybe (that could be a valuable improvement to add some ? with the
>> keybord, for instance ?) :(
>>

> Well, you can't click somewhere on the touchscreen with a
> mouse...you're calibration the *touchscreen*, not the mouse. I could
> see the mouse possibly causing problems, although it probably
> shouldn't as the mouse and touchscreen *should* be different devices.
> I'd say file a bug and see what happens.

You mean the bug would say something like : "whenever X runs for an
external USB mouse, xtscal should nevertheless be working with correct
coordinates with the touscreen/stylus ?"

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER (OpenPGP: 1024D/B4C5F37F)
APRIL (http://www.april.org) - Vive python (http://www.python.org)