List:       openzaurus-devel
Subject:    RE: [Openzaurus-devel] akita + 3.5.4.1-RC4 : almost bricked : had to restore NAND
From:       "Lamar Owen" <lowen () pari ! edu>
Date:       2006-05-25 13:45:37

From: openzaurus-devel-admin@lists.sourceforge.net on behalf of Olivier Berger
> I'd like to report some strange behaviour I've had with my akita, on
> which I had installed 3.5.4.1-RC4.

> I've been testing a little bit, and at some point, probably after
> having resumed from suspend, the machine was unresponsive...

> The "disk activity"/mail led had been flicking for a while then
> nothing.

> I hope that if someone faces the same, it would help confirm I didn't
> dream and it's not my fault also ;)

I'll confirm it on one of my Akitas.

In my case it was Opie, not GPE.  I thought it had hung too, and went through the \
whole hard reset cycle just like you.  I was trying to do some package installation, \
but the ppp-dialin postinst script is broken, and prevents any other package \
installation.  After a while the screen went black again, and out of desparation more \
than anything I tapped the screen, and lo and behold it came alive.  Not sure why or \
what.

OZ looks to be what I will end up running; I would love to run the full KDE 3.5 on \
it, though.. :-)

Oh, and I am browsing bugzilla, and if this isn't in there I'll file a formal bug \
report.  I used bugzilla a long time ago as a Red Hat Beta Tester; it'll take a \
little while to get back into the swing of it, as it's not my favorite bugtracker.

Also, I'm trying to rebuild using bitbake and org.openembedded.oz354x and have run \
into the same issues George did;  this wasn't on a gcc4 machine, either, it was on a \
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 clone (CentOS 4).  Got all the bitbake stuff, monotone, \
etc built, but it kept barfing trying to run localedef.  Trying again, will report \
                back if it makes it through.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology