List:       openzaurus-devel
Subject:    Re: [Openzaurus-devel] SL-C3000
From:       Justin Patrin <papercrane () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-02-21 8:18:58

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:07:25 +0900, Guillaume Bisch <guillaume@bisch.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> been browsing your site about the SL-C3000:
> http://www.openzaurus.org/web/index.php?
> option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=51
> > 1. developer with SL-C3000 have to join us (OpenEmbedded/OpenZaurus
> > team)
>
> I'd like to join as a developer, can you point me any useful docs you
> think I should read?

I'm also trying to work on this. So far I've tested the built kernel
from OE (stock Sharp 2.4 kernel, no patches, using the patched one for
actual use), the c7xx updater.sh, and the bootstrap image. Check the
OE list archives for more. If you can't find my message, I'll forward
it to you.

> I'd like to develop from a Mac, do any of you guys have experience
> about it?
> I think it should be possible, but I haven't tried yet
> http://www.killefiz.de/zaurus/showdetail.php?app=1185

Well...looks like that will give you the cross compiler you need for
the kernels (I think) but you may run into other troubles. The first
step is to get OpenEmbedded (OE) working. Check out GettingStarted
onthe wiki at www.openembedded.org.

If you'd like to play with some stuff I've built I can send it to you.
If you want to start kernel hacking, that would also be nice. The best
thing would be to start with the current 2.6 kernel work for the other
clamshells and get it working with the C3000 (I haven't tested the 2.6
kernel at all yet).

--
Justin Patrin