List:       openzaurus-devel
Subject:    [Openzaurus-devel] RE: How does OE check to see whether it has already downloaded package source?
From:       Simon Pickering <enpsgp () bath ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2004-02-22 15:51:04

> On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 15:33 +0000, Simon Pickering wrote:
> > I presume that OE caches the files in this directory anyway, even
> > for those with internet access, I was just wondering how it
> > knows and how I can make it think that it has already cached the
> > files in question and therefore not try to use wget. I don't know
> > python, but have just had a look through the OE scripts and it
> > looks like a .md5 file is created for each successful download,
> > is this part of how OE checks to see whether it already has a
> > local copy of the file?
>
>  for i in /path/to/packages/dir/*/*.oe; do oebuild fetch $i;
> done will run through the source download only portion of the .oe.

Unfortunately I don't yet have a Linux box at uni and therefore on the
net (I could do with a Windows batch file but as you say treke has
provided a large tar file with all of the source which I'm now
downloading so there's no need).

> Otherwise, you should be able to just copy  the downloaded
> file into the downloads directory and it'll figure out that
> it's complete.

No that doesn't quite work, you also need to provide another file with
the same name + a suffix of md5 (it can be empty).

I wrote a little script and stuck it in my downloads directory:

#!/bin/sh
for i in { ls }; do
   touch $i.md5
Done

Then I just run that after sticking new stuff I there and then OE skips
the downloading step.

> You can also try downloading http://treke.net/oe/allsource.tar

I'm doing that now, thanks for the link,

Cheers,

Si