List:       openzaurus-devel
Subject:    Re: [Openzaurus-devel] Porting ZSafe to OZ and OE
From:       Lucas Di Pentima <lucas () lunix ! com ! ar>
Date:       2004-02-17 3:19:25

Michael Lauer wrote:

>>SRC_URI = http://z-soft.z-portal.info/zsafe/zsafe_2.1.2.tgz
> Ok, although for easier maintainance I'd use ${PN}/${PN}_${PV}.tgz here
Ok!

>>inherit palmtop tmake
> tmake? There is no tmake.oeclass. The list of available build classes to
> inherit from is in OE/classes/. You don't need a tmake class anyway -
Yes, there is a tmake.class :-) that's why I added, just after trying
with qmake, but I don't remember what happened, I'll try again later.

> s/TMAKE/QMAKE/
Ok!

>>I suppose that libqte is missing, so I must build the qte package, am I
>>right? now, to build qte I need to build libjpeg, and is giving me some
>>problems, but that's another story :-)
> You should use oemake and populate OEFILES with the available .oe files
> see the following function from my .bashrc for example.
Great, I'll try that, but I was having problems with jpeg compilation
that prevented me to compile qte.

> oemake knows about and builds dependencies in the right order, while
> oebuild just builds the package you name.
OK, so I should try oemake with zsafe right?

>>I'm trying to make ZSafe work on OZ, because is one of my must-have
>>apps, I'm mostly a SysAdmin on my work. Also I want to cooperate with
>>OE/OZ projects, so any help will return to you in work for OZ from me :-)
> Good. Feel free to enhance our docs and the wiki for a start.
Ok, when I get something working, I'll add my experience :-)

Thanks for the tips!

--
Lucas Di Pentima - Santa Fe, Argentina - Jabber ID: lucas@lunix.com.ar
LUNIX: Soluciones en GNU/Linux - http://www.lunix.com.ar