List:       openzaurus-devel
Subject:    [Openzaurus-devel] [Zaurus-ja] Zaurus SL-C750/C760 kernel source code released
From:       bhoward () hale ! org
Date:       2003-08-15 23:25:16

>>>>> "bhoward" == bhoward  <bhoward@hale.org> writes:

>>>>> "YamaKen" == YamaKen  <yamaken@bp.iij4u.or.jp> writes:
YamaKen> Hi all,

YamaKen> Today SHARP released the long-awaited kernel source
YamaKen> code. This release includes kernel source code and rootfs for
YamaKen> SL-C750/C760, and updated version for SL-A300.

bhoward> Is there any word on when a ROM image for the SL-760 will be
bhoward> available?

bhoward> I somehow managed to remove jeode when deleting a tab from the
bhoward> launcher and would love to be able to reset to a factory condition.

Just realized I never sent out a followup.

Turns out the missing java environment is a preinstalled .ipk that
isn't part of the ROM image that installs when you do a total system
reset.  If you do reload the system, you will lose the java ipk and it
appears that the only recourse is to go to the sun java website for an
image...or find someone else with an SL-760 and copy out the relevant
files.

	 				  Cheers,
					  Bruce