List:       openvz-users
Subject:    [Users] Enabling hardware access in VPS
From:       vids85 () gmail ! com (Vidhya Nagarajan)
Date:       2009-07-29 13:44:40

Hello,

I have been trying to enable the hardware access to the VPS and so far I
have been successful in dedicating a disk device to the VPS.

I am running an application in the VPS which accesses the /proc/diskstats
file. The problem is the VPS does not have a diskstats file. I don't think
mounting proc from the HN to the VPS is a good idea. Is there a way the VPS
can discover a disk device automatically when it boots?

How can the /proc/diskstats file be made available to a VPS?

Please let me know!

Thanks,
Vidhya