List:       openvz-users
Subject:    [Users] Auto mounting NFS mount points when a container starts
From:       dbailey () hp ! com (Bailey, Darragh)
Date:       2009-03-31 8:21:35

I'm currently setting up a container where I would like to have certain mounts occur \
automatically when the container is started. I've already verified that I can mount \
the NFS filesystems, so it does work.

I'd rather not do all this mounting from outside the VE, using vps.mount and \
vps.umount to umount them. But that does appear to be one solution that would work.

Adding them to /etc/fstab doesn't appear to have any effect, I presume since there is \
nothing run by openvz to moung any remaining filesystems in that file.

Also tried adding them to the ${VEID}.start script called by vzctl on starting a VE, \
but it appears to attempt the mount before the requried services are started and thus \
fails.

I haven't tried using rc.local yet, I don't know if that gets called, but it might \
take care of the problem.

So far it appears to me, that the only other alternative is to us autofs, which is \
less than ideal due to the way it requires the mount points be configured.

i.e. for 3 filesystems on different mount points, /mnt1, /somewhere/mnt2, \
/elsewhere/now/mnt3, I would need 3 separate autofs files to manage them.

Has anyone used anything else to handle this? Or is autofs the generally accepted \
solution?

--
Regards,
Darragh Bailey