List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] Query regarding ovs patch
From:       mphaneendra () gmail ! com (manda phaneendra)
Date:       2015-12-31 13:45:19

Hi,

I am using OVS version 2.3.90 and installed OVS patch cloned from
https://github.com/pritesh/ovs.git
using bash file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/priteshk/ovs/nsh-v8/
third-party/start-ovs.sh

After this I integrate this OVS as compute node to Openstack and trying to
spawn a VM. But it is not able to attach to the network.

>From the logs i found,
1. it is not able to query the br-int bridge.  But from the ovs-vsctl show
command i was able to see the bridge.

root1 at controller:~/devstack$ ip -o link show br-int
Device "br-int" does not exist.

root1 at controller:~/devstack$ sudo ovs-vsctl show
aabe04b0-3bef-4db8-a5d2-ca7a6d7cf4e3
    Bridge br-int
        Port br-int
            Interface br-int
                type: internal
    Bridge br-ex
        Port br-ex
            Interface br-ex
                type: internal
    ovs_version: "2.3.90"

2. The command "ovs-vsctl add-flows br-int -" fails to execute and gives an
error
"ovs-ofctl: br-int is not a bridge or a socket".
  This command was success before installing the OVS patch.

Please help to resolve these two problems.

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks & regards,
Phaneendra Manda.