List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] Command to get port name and port id mapping
From:       jpettit () nicira ! com (Justin Pettit)
Date:       2015-06-30 22:18:22

As mentioned in the ovs-appctl man page, you have to look at the man page for the \
daemon:

       Open  vSwitch  daemons  accept  certain  commands at runtime to control
       their behavior and query their settings.  Every daemon accepts a common
       set  of  commands documented under COMMON COMMANDS below.  Some daemons
       support  additional  commands  documented  in   their   own   manpages.
       ovs-vswitchd in particular accepts a number of additional commands doc-
       umented in ovs-vswitchd(8).

Here's the relevant section from the ovs-vswitchd man page:

       dpif/show
              Prints  a  summary of configured datapaths, including statistics
              and a list of connected ports.  The  port  information  includes
              the  OpenFlow  port  number, datapath port number, and the type.
              (The local port is identified as OpenFlow port 65534.)

--Justin