List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] how to use ovs-conntrack
From:       jpettit () nicira ! com (Justin Pettit)
Date:       2015-06-30 1:00:05

> On Jun 28, 2015, at 8:55 PM, Zhang, Chunyu <zhangcy at cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>
> hi justin
>
> > > 3. ovs-ofctl command
> > > in our project , we use nf_conntrack extension :
> > >
> > > static struct nf_ct_ext_type nf_ct_colo_extend __read_mostly = {
> > > .len        = sizeof(struct nf_conn_colo),
> > > .move       = nf_ct_colo_extend_move,
> > > .destroy    = nf_ct_colo_extend_destroy,
> > > .align      = __alignof__(struct nf_conn_colo),
> > > .id              = NF_CT_EXT_COLO,
> > > };
> > >
> > > if i want to nf_conntrack extension work.
> > > ovs-ofctl command is ?
> > > please give me some example and advise
> >
> > If you use the OVS repo, the man pages for ovs-ofctl were updated.  Look for the \
> > new "ct" action and "conn_state" match.
>
> I use this:
> ovs-ofctl add-flow ovsbr0   "in_port=1,conn_state=+trk+new,tcp,action=ct(commit),1"
> ovs-ofctl add-flow ovsbr0   "in_port=2,conn_state=+trk+new,tcp,action=ct(commit),1"
> ovs-ofctl add-flow ovsbr0   "in_port=3,conn_state=+trk+new,tcp,action=ct(commit),1"

I don't understand these flows.  You can't match on "conn_state" until after your \
call to ct().  This is documented in the ovs-ofctl man page:

       conn_state=[+flag...][-flag...]
              Bitwise  match  on  connection  state flags.  The flags are only
              available after a call to the ct action with the  "recirc"  flag
              set.

Further, you're sending all of your packets to port 1, which I can't imagine is what \
you want.

One of the commit messages provides some example flows:

	https://github.com/justinpettit/ovs/commit/be947f2

--Justin