List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] Connect OVS to a VM
From:       fichera.sil () gmail ! com (Silvia Fichera)
Date:       2015-05-29 11:14:10

Hi Justin,
unfortunately I can't install the switch in the hypervisor, I can just use
the VMs.

I'm starting from scratch before the installation of Openstack. First of
all I want to setup the SDN network.
The connection between the switch and the ODL Controller works, I can see
OF packeIn and packetOut with tcpdump on the controller interface.
Now the problem is to connect the OVS inside vm5 to the other VMs.

In vm3 and vm4 I have assigned an IP address to the interface eth1.
(respectively 10.0.0.3 and 10.0.0.4)
Than I have done:
ovs-vsctl add-br br-eth1
ovs-vsctl add-port br-eth1 eth1

In vm5 , so where I've installed OVS, I've done:
ovs-vsctl add-br br
ovs-vsctl add-port br eth1 -- set interface eth1 type=gre
ovs-vsctl add-port br eth2 -- set interface eth2 type=gre

But I think I still missing something because the traffic does not go
through the switch.
Any suggestion to go forward? Ho to create the "physical" link?

Thanks.

Silvia

P.S.
If could be usefull:
I'm considering eth0 as management network.
In vm3 and vm4 there are also eth1 and eth2 for both VMs.
In vm5 there are also eth1 eth2 eth3 and the openflow bridge/interface that
I've created to set the Controller.

--
Silvia Fichera