List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] Port Description Incomplete
From:       blp () nicira ! com (Ben Pfaff)
Date:       2014-12-29 20:35:44

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 03:02:24AM +0000, Rui Cardoso wrote:
> Hi, I'm using the newest version of OVS (2.3.9) from github master
> repository with mininet 2.2.0. I used the new mininet python api
> functionality to create a connection between my machine, running the
> controller, and VM. This adds a nat0 which is connected to a switch,
> s1-eth3. The problem is that I can see the link if I check it using net or
> show on S1, but this information is not correctly sent to the controller in
> the begining. The port description sent by the switch is incomplete as it
> doesn't lists this link. I also tried to use a previous version, the one
> that comes included by default on Mininet VM which is 2.0.2, but the same
> problem occurred.
>
> What is the problem here? Why isn't the switch sending the complete port
> description to the controller but using its tools I can see it's there and
> correctly implemented?
>
> btw, to see the initial handshake with the port information I used
> wireshark.

It's difficult to figure out exactly what problem you're reporting,
since the description is vague.  It sounds like your controller is
making a request, and that the switch's reply doesn't include some
port that you expect it to include.  That's as much as I can get from
your report.  Can you give some details?