List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] creating a mgmt0 port and not able to ping it?
From:       scott.lowe () scottlowe ! org (Scott Lowe)
Date:       2014-11-30 7:58:45

(+discuss mailing list again to make the conversation available to everyone)

On Nov 29, 2014, at 10:18 PM, frank weed <zorbustheknight at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok so it looks like its able to work now. Now I have a few questions. When I \
> connect a docker container to openvswitch and assign an ip to it. I can ping the vm \
> that the docker container runs in. I can ping the container its self.  When I tried \
> to any other host or the router, I see that the pings are not going though. I ran \
> tcpdump out side the vm and I can see the arp request that the docker container is \
> sending, but it looks its not receiving the replay it once it reaches openvswitch.  \
> Anything I could be missing?

[SL] Frank, I'll have to ask some questions in order to be able to help you:

a) How are you connecting your Docker container to OVS? Via veth pairs, by adding the \
docker0 Linux bridge to an OVS bridge, or something else entirely?

b) When you say you "can ping" the container and the VM in which the container is \
running, from where are you initiating the pings?

Once we have the answers to these questions, we can try to help you resolve your \
connectivity issues.

--
Scott