List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] Having problems installing OVS in Fedora 15
From:       fbl () redhat ! com (Flavio Leitner)
Date:       2014-06-30 17:29:25

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 10:41:11PM +0530, Sanghamitra De wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Thanks for the patch. From Flavio's email which said:
>
> "Usually the rpmbuild topdir is /usr/src/<something> but it can be changed
> by a custom .rpmmacro file defining %_topdir.
>
> Yours seems to be at /root/rpmbuild.  That's your rpm build directory. On
> top of it, you should have SPECS/ and SOURCES/. So, copy the tarball to
> /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/ instead and run the rpmbuild command again.  The
> result should be in /root/rpmbuild/RPMS."
>
>  I gave these commands & I'm still stuck ...
>
> The command sequence i gave was:
>
> [root at node5 rpmbuild]# ls -l
>

> total 24
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 30 10:28 BUILD
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 30 10:28 BUILDROOT
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 30 10:28 RPMS
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 30 10:28 SOURCES
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 30 10:28 SPECS
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 30 10:28 SRPMS
>
> [root at node5 rpmbuild]# mv /usr/src/openvswitch-1.9.3
> /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/
> [root at node5 rpmbuild]# cd SOURCES
> [root at node5 SOURCES]# ls -l
> total 4
> drwxrwxr-x 17 1000 1000 4096 Sep  5  2013 openvswitch-1.9.3

You need to put the openvswitch tarball (packed) in the SOURCES/,
not the unpacked sources.

> [root at node5 SOURCES]# rpmbuild -bb rhel/openvswitch-kmod-rhel6.spec

This should be executed inside of openvswitch sources.

> error: failed to stat
> /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/rhel/openvswitch-kmod-rhel6.spec: No such file
> or directory

Yeah, you're in the wrong directory.  The rpmbuild command should be
executed inside of the unpacked openvswitch sources.

This is the high level 2 steps:

1) Put the openvswitch tarball into rpm SOURCES/ directory:
 1.a) if you got the tarball, just copy the file there.
 1.b) Otherwise, you need to build the tarball, then get into the
     openvswitch sources and run "./boot.sh; ./configure; make dist"
     and the result is the tarball which you need to copy to the
     rpm SOURCES/ directory.

2) Fire the build:
2.a) If you had the tarball, copy it somewhere else and open it.

Now get inside of openvswitch sources.  There is a directory called
rhel/ with the spec file.  You just need to fire the build:
ovssourcedir/ $ rpmbuild -bb rhel/openvswitch-kmod-rhel6.spec

fbl