List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] Openvswitch-related job offer
From:       mino () minux ! it (Giacomo Bernardi)
Date:       2014-05-30 8:34:32

Hello everyone on this list, after checking with the mods I thought about
posting this job ad here as it is *very* specific to OVS.

I'm the CTO of a Italian ISP, we have 2000 radio towers all over the
country and 150k active customers. We operate a very peculiar network based
on a proprietary fixed wireless access platform and with unusually high
mesh factor [1] which provides both extremely high redundancy and extremely
painful headaches :)

Frustrated by the limitations of the big vendors we took the decision of
engineering our own SDN platform, based on a custom network appliance we
designed on a multi-core CPU [2], Linux and OpenVSwitch.

It is a "bold" move to build what we expect to become the hardware platform
our country-wide network.

Now I'm trying to set-up a small team (headcount <=4) focused on this
project. We are based near Milan, Italy, but for this specific workgroup we
are looking to form a distributed/remote team.

Feel free to get in touch with me: giacomo.bernardi at ngi.it

Thanks,
Giacomo Bernardi

[1] i.e., the number_of_backhaul_links/number_of_POPs ratio
[2]
http://www.tilera.com/sites/default/files/images/products/TILE-Gx8072_PB041-03_WEB.pdf