List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] hot topic for my thesis
From:       peter.phaal () inmon ! com (Peter Phaal)
Date:       2013-11-25 16:12:56

Installing Mininet on your laptop is a great way to experiment with OVS / SDN:

http://mininet.org/

The Frenetic project (a collaboration between Princeton and Cornell) is a very \
interesting approach to building controllers.

http://www.frenetic-lang.org/

The following article describes some experiments with using a Frenetic based \
controller to build applications that respond to changing traffic levels:

http://blog.sflow.com/2013/08/frenetic-pyretic-and-resonance.html

Using a high level language like Frenetic makes it a lot easier to experiment and \
build an interesting project in a short amount of time.