List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] Adding Physical Port to Bridge and Not Adding
From:       dlevy022 () fiu ! edu (Dmita Levy)
Date:       2013-08-22 19:08:41

Hello,

What is the difference between adding a physical interface (eth0,
eth1....etc) to a bridge and not adding it to the bridge. After reading the
FAQ I understand how to add a physical port  to a bridge and why its best
not to give it an IP but I don't understand what the difference would be if
I didn't ad it to the bridge. Essentially, what is happening logically?
I've worked with hardware switches before and I can understand adding a
logical interface to a hardware switch but this is kind of the opposite and
it's a bit hard to wrap my head around conceptually.

Thanks in advance,
Dmita