List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] Measure packet processing delay and goto_table action
From:       blp () nicira ! com (Ben Pfaff)
Date:       2013-06-20 20:34:01

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 03:22:40PM -0500, Xiaoye Sun wrote:
> Another question is that I cannot add a flow table entry with
> goto_tableaction with ovs-ofctl
> add-flows command. when I type something like ovs-ofctl add-flow br0
> "table=0, in_port=1, actions=goto_table:1", the action of the entry added
> to the flow table will be drop. However, the manual of ovs-ofctl has
> goto_table action, does anyone know how to install a forwarding entry with
> goto_table actions? (not resubmit action).

You need to enable OpenFlow13 support with ovs-vsctl, and then tell
ovs-ofctl to use OpenFlow13 too (with "-O openflow13").  The FAQ has
some information.

Q: What versions of OpenFlow does Open vSwitch support?

A: Open vSwitch 1.9 and earlier support only OpenFlow 1.0 (plus
   extensions that bring in many of the features from later versions
   of OpenFlow).

   Open vSwitch versions 1.10 and later will have experimental support
   for OpenFlow 1.2 and 1.3.  On these versions of Open vSwitch, the
   following command enables OpenFlow 1.0, 1.2, and 1.3 on bridge br0:

       ovs-vsctl set bridge br0 protocols=OpenFlow10,OpenFlow12,OpenFlow13

   Support for OpenFlow 1.1 is incomplete enough that it cannot yet be
   enabled, even experimentally.

   Support for OpenFlow 1.2 and 1.3 is still incomplete.  Work to be
   done is tracked in OPENFLOW-1.1+ in the Open vSwitch source tree
   (also via http://openvswitch.org/development/openflow-1-x-plan/).
   When support for a given OpenFlow version is solidly implemented,
   Open vSwitch will enable that version by default.