List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] Concept of facets and subfacets
From:       xiaoma80.dev () gmail ! com (JieYue Ma)
Date:       2012-11-29 12:26:37

As I understand, there are two kinds of flow in OVS. One is in the
user space, e.g. vswitchd, where flow key can include some wildcards
to match, while the other lies in kernel space, e.g. openvswitch.ko,
where the flow key can never have wildcard.

If no wildcard in user space flow (a.k.a facet), the flow from kernel
space (a.k.a subfacet) will exactly match its facet, which means one
facet has only one subfacet

If not, the user space flow can match multiple flows from kernel
space, leads to the scenario that one facet contains multiple
subfacets

I am not sure if I AM RIGHT, please point out if I am wrong, thanks