List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] Regarding parsing controller message to OVS
From:       jpettit () nicira ! com (Justin Pettit)
Date:       2012-10-30 16:33:11

In the example you've given, the kernel datapath would execute the actions.  However, \
ovs-vswitchd would figure out which OpenFlow rule would be best for the kernel \
datapath to execute for a particular packet.  None of this is specific to a \
controller, though; it doesn't matter whether the controller added that flow or a \
userspace utility like ovs-ofctl.

You may want to look at this presentation from the openvswitch.org website, which \
describes the high-level components and their responsibilities:

	http://openvswitch.org/slides/OVS-Overview-110303.pdf

--Justin