List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] Unexpected flow entry expiration
From:       blp () nicira ! com (Ben Pfaff)
Date:       2012-02-28 17:00:48

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 02:25:34PM +0900, Ken Ajiro wrote:
>    2. I added 7,000 flow entries to switch by ovs-ofctl.
>       Each entries have different MAC source addresses.
>       Entry's idle_timeout was set in 60 seconds.
>       hard_timeout is 0.
>
>    3. I sent frames to bridge continuously. Frames' MAC source
>       address was incremented in every sending for matching
>       to each entries.
>
>    4. Although n_packets of entries were incremented,
>       after 60 seconds, all flow entries were expired.
>       I attached log of ovs-ofctl dump-flows (showflow.log).

This does sound like a bug.  If you have a patch to suggest, we'll
take a look at it, but 1.2.2 is a couple of releases behind right now
(we've already branched for 1.6), so it's hard for me to take the time
to debug it myself.  Have you considered upgrading to a newer version
of Open vSwitch?  I suggest the 1.4 series.

Thanks,

Ben.